Friday, February 17, 2012

Fully Trained (next post 3/2)

Your players become what you are.

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit."
- Luke 6:43

Just a bit earlier on the page:

"A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher." - Luke 6:40

I don't know about you, but those words make me think hard about who I am and who I am becoming. Who I am becoming will have a huge impact on who my children become. It will have a huge impact on who my athletes become. So the question is: Is that a good thing or not?

Great coaching, that which impacts the lives of athletes in a positive, lasting way, begins inside the coach's heart as we seek to understand and live out the journey toward becoming the person we were created to be.

80's Lyric





No comments: